Information we collect.
Sascrunch is the data controller with respect to information collected under this Policy. Sascrunch obtains personal information from different sources depending on how users or customers use our website and services. We may collect (i) information provided by you or generated in relation to your use of our website and services, (ii) information supplied by third parties in relation to purchases and transactions made on or through our website, (iii) information obtained in connection with site competitions or Sascrunch’s social media platforms; (v) data about your approximate location; as well as (v) information collected by website analytics technologies.
- Personal information: We collect personal information that you personally provide to us in connection with: - account registration, live chat, customer enquiries, registration for SAS online courses and tutorials, information interviews and questionnaires, job applications, participation in site competitions or purchase of content and services as well as data collected via other digital channels. This data may include your full name, email address, telephone number and country or place of residence.
- Information from social media platforms. Sascrunch may conduct competitions and contests via its various social media platforms. We do not collect user information from social media networks but Sascrunch may receive social media information supplied by you when you use social media to authenticate yourself.
- Location data: Sascrunch collects approximate location data such as country and place of residence. This information is used to provide notifications about completion of SAS projects.
The Purposes and Lawful grounds for Processing of Personal Information
- Managing Sascrunch website, content and services:
- Marketing and communication: Sascrunch will process your personal information so as to be able to communicate and provide information to you and market special offers from us. We process information for this purpose on the lawful ground that such information is necessary in Sascrunch’s legitimate interest of communicating and marketing its products to you and your interest to receive such information as a registered member of Sascrunch. Under this lawful ground, we process you name, contact information (email address and, where applicable, phone number) as well as website interaction data. In other cases, Sascrunch will provide the option to opt-in and consent to receive marketing information from us. If you subscribe to Sascrunch offers and newsletter, we will process your information on the basis of you consent and interest to receive such information.
- Site competitions and notifications.
Sascrunch may process your information so as to carry out site contests on the Sascrunch website and on social media and provide notifications about the completion of SAS projects. This may include for example presenting your name, approximate location and the time you completed your SAS project.
- Safety and security: Sascrunch will process your personal information to maintain safety and security of its website, and exercise or defend its legal rights. We will do this on the ground that processing is necessary in our legitimate interest to protect the integrity of our systems and information contained thereon as well as to protect ourselves from actual or potential legal claims.
- Compliance with the Law: Sascrunch will process your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. This includes for example the retention of your data so as to comply with sales tax laws or for accounting purposes as well as disclosure of personal data to comply with legal requests from law enforcement or courts of law.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information:
Sascrunch does not as a rule share or disclose your information without your consent so or if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Sascrunch may share certain information under the following circumstances:
- To service providers: We may have to share certain personal information with third parties who provide services to us. These third-parties will only process personal information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. These third-parties include customer support, support and maintenance operators, and web-hosting as well as e-mail service delivery providers.
- To comply with legal obligations or protect our legal rights: We may be compelled to under applicable laws to disclose personal information to law enforcement or government regulatory agencies. The lawful basis for such disclosure, if any, is that processing is necessary so as to comply with legal obligations.
- Business transfer or acquisition: We may share certain personal information if Sascrunch is bought or acquired by another business entity. The lawful basis for disclosure under these circumstances is our legitimate interest to carry out such sale, merger or acquisition and transfer assets and liabilities of Sascrunch which may include customer lists.
Retention of your personal information:
Personal information that Sascrunch collects about you is kept only for as long as necessary in relation to the purpose for its processing as specified above, for example to perform our contractual obligations to you or so long as statutory requirements demand it. We will keep personal information for as long as we have a continuing business or customer relationship with you (for example membership subscription, purchase of services or customer service correspondence). We will also retain personal information for as long as necessary or required by applicable data retention laws (for example tax and accounting laws).
Global Transfers of personal data
Sascrunch may use services located or hosted in various jurisdictions including jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This means that personal data of EEA residents (“EU Personal Data”) may be processed outside the EEA. For EU Personal Data, Sascrunch will make sure that processing of personal data complies with the requirements of the European Union General Data Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection laws
Rights of Data Subjects: In accordance with the GDPR and other applicable data protection laws, you have several rights with regard to the processing of your information. If you would like to exercise these rights or have questions about any of the rights outlined below, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
- Access: You have the right to be informed about personal information we process about you and to request access to such personal information.
- Rectification: If your personal information is erroneous or incomplete, you have the right to request correction of such information.
- Withdrawal of consent: You have the right to withdraw consent which you have given, at any time. In the event of withdrawal of consent, we will be obligated to end the processing of your personal data which is processed on the basis of consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using our contact form on the website or the contact information provided below.
- Erasure: You have, under exceptional circumstances, the right to demand the erasure of your personal information, for example if it is no longer necessary.
- Restrict processing: You have the right to demand that the processing of your personal information be restricted if for example it is inaccurate or if the processing is unlawful. This however entails the risk of us not being able to deliver our services to you during the period in which processing is restricted.
- Data Portability: You have, under certain circumstances, the right to get access to your personal information in a commonly used, machine-readable format (data portability) and to transfer it to other to other companies. This right applies only to information that you personally supplied to us and such information whose processing is (i) necessary for performance of contract with you, or (ii) based on your consent.
- Objection to Processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information which is done in our legitimate interest. Where Sascrunch has a compelling legitimate interest which overrides your interest of personal integrity, we may have the right to continue with the processing despite your objection.
- Objection to processing for direct marketing purposes: You have the right to, at any time, object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you object to direct marketing, we will not send any offers to you.
Data Security: Sascrunch is committed to the promotion of data security. To enhance the protection of data security, Sascrunch has developed and implemented satisfactory and appropriate technical and organisational measures aimed to prevent destruction, loss, modification, or unauthorised disclosure of personal data. This includes the use of standard encryption on our website, malware scanning, regular updates and backups as well as use of antivirus software.
Changes in our personal data processing policies: We may change our practices for personal data processing as a result of changes either in our business or applicable laws. In the event of changes, we will inform you about the changes at least thirty (30) days before the proposed changes become effective.